Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jasmine Silver Needle from Adagio

Jasmine Silver Needle Description From Adagio -Young and elegant tea leaf buds with a whisper of jasmine aura. All the appeal and softly sweet nuances of a classic Silver Needle tea, enhanced with the aroma of night-blooming jasmine flowers. The quiet nature of this tea ensures it will make a gentle companion for your special moments.



I'm not a big Jasmine fan. Normally. This is the BEST Jasmine ANYTHING I have EVER had yet. It makes me ENJOY Jasmine. I never thought I would say that but it's true. Not that I will suddenly turn all Jasmine on your arses but this is good stuff right here. As soon as I opened the tin it was like I was in the center of Jasmineville. And instead of the Jasmine smelling of old lady perfume it was more of a natural Jasmine scent...truly unexpected. As I steeped the leaves/needles the scent lingered but was still true. After the steep it started to even out but was still quite strong. At this point I was a little worried that the Jasmine taste was going to be too over the top based on the aroma but it was just right. That taste was paired with a nice, soft sweetness which led me to a smirk or smile...this tea has proved me wrong and I don't mind! The BEST 2 parts was that it WASN'T bitter and that there wasn't a funky aftertaste. The only thing I disagree with is that the descriptions says a 'whisper of jasmine'...for me, it was more a SHOUT, but, it all worked out...to be a wonderful tea experience.

2 comments:

parTea lady said...

I'm not a big fan of Jasmine tea either, but this one sounds like it would be worth a try. Thanks for the review.

Anonymous said...

Is this then a Jasmine white tea? That's what it sounds like and I can just imagine them doing a good job with it. White tea can be so faint but I've never had a Jasmine flavoring that interfered with its base tea.

Post a Comment

 

Tea = Bliss © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner