Monday, October 5, 2009

Adagio's Green Pekoe

Green tea from the Fujian province of China. Green Pekoe (sometimes referred to as Orange Pekoe) is famed as an everyday tea, and is among the most popular teas consumed in China. Its thin, wavy leaves appear almost black when dry. Once infused, however, our 'Green Pekoe Blues' reveals its true color. And produces a light cup with a smooth, mellow taste and a gentle, soothing aroma.

This is from Adagio's Website. I LOVE Adagio! I've said it once and I will say it again...their customer service is AWESOME. They sent me a few free samples. This was one of them. It was great because 3 out of the 4 samples I receive I had yet to try. This Green Pekoe was a
Typical Green Tea type color, scent, etc...a tad bit on the sweet side for a Green tea and not much of an aftertaste which I appreciate. It's a little perfumy, grassy, but a nice cup! I like it!

My blogging is going to pick back up again so PLEASE visit often!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty good tea for one whose name might betray commonness. Pekoe? That could be an everyday tea. But if it's sweet and perfumey, it's one high-quality regular tea. --Teaternity

parTea lady said...

Sounds good and lovely to look at. I also enjoy ordering online from Adagio. My hubby usually buys me one of their sampler packs at Christmas.

Post a Comment

 

Tea = Bliss © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner